Thursday, September 29, 2011

Smart Chicks Kick it Tour at Powells

Hello! I just had one of the funnest evenings of my life and I HAD to share it with you all. As you have guessed from the title tonight was Smart Chicks Kick It tour at Powell's Books.

I have been waiting for this night with anticipation ever since I went to FaerieWorlds this summer and met Melissa Marr for the first time. She mentioned she was coming back to Oregon with Kelley Armstrong and I knew I had to be there.

The night finally arrived and without further adieu I present photos of the magically entertaining evening with Smart Chicks. Photography courtesy of my dear etriky.

The Authors:


 


Sara Zarr, funny, inspiring, and lovely to talk with. 

 Ally Condie- sweet, quiet, and overall really nice person.



And here we have the ever charming Mellisa Marr. I LOVE her Wicked Lovely series and enjoy following her inner mutterings on Twitter. She is one of my favorite authors because of the her beautiful style of writing. This woman weaves words into stories like an artist strokes a canvass with a brush filled with color. It feeds my soul and fills my well. Mellissa- smart, snappy, and sweet.

 Kelley Armstrong- wise, witty, and a wealth of inspiration.


Jennifer Lynn Barnes- gorgeous, highly intelligent (The girl is in her twenties working on her PhD in psychology researching primate cognition. Yeah I know!), and someone I wouldn't mind having a cocktail with while discussing the similarities between human and primate shopping behaviors.




 Beth Revis- hilarious, fascinating, and her book cover made my inner
sci-fi nerd leap onto the dance floor and do the moon-walk.



Margaret Stohl- hysterical, energetic, and I'm really digging the 
glasses. Her co-authored book Beautiful Creatures is at the top of my 
To Be Read list.

While waiting in line to meet the authors, I ended up with some free ink
courtesy of Powell's employee who for the life of me I cannot remember
her name. She was super cool and the organizer behind this event.



 M & M (this M was in heaven!)



Having a laugh with Beth and Margaret. 

Hope you enjoyed the photos. Of course I bought the anthology sponsoring this event, Enthralled. You can pick it up at your local bookstore or order from Powell's by clicking here.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mel,
    It was so great meeting you yesterday!! your pictures turned out so much better then mine... :)
    love the art work on your arm. hehehe.

    Looking forward to seeing you again some time in the future.

    Kelly
    Books-n-Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun experience. I always get intimidated by published authors. But these authors seem so easy and nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, you are a riot. I'm so glad Delilah introduced us. LOL!

    Hi Jessie. These authors are extremely personable and very approachable. If you ever have a chance to see any of these fun women, I strongly suggest you do.

    ReplyDelete