Sunday, January 29, 2012

Valentine's Giveway-CONTEST CLOSED.


Two weeks ago I reviewed The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder and mentioned I’ll be giving away a couple of her books. With Valentine’s just around the corner, I wanted to do a love theme with a touch paranormal. Now I’m not the sappy romantic type of girl even though I do read and write romance. My favorite types of story are those of survival, redemption, finding love after loss and forgiveness. That is life. I love rooting for a hero or heroine that has gone through hell and back. I like a practical approach. Although sometimes I really enjoy escaping away into fantasy.

Blurb:

Girl meets boy.


Girl loses boy.


Girl gets boy back...


...sort of.


Ava can't see him or touch him, unless she's dreaming. She can't hear his voice, except for the faint whispers in her mind. Most would think she's crazy, but she knows he's here.


Jackson. The boy Ava thought she'd spend the rest of her life with. He's back from the dead, as proof that love truly knows no bounds.

The emotional ride of dealing with loss and guilt are perfectly portrayed as Ava deals with the death of her boyfriend. The message I found in this beautiful story is that to heal, forgiveness of one’s self is a prerequisite.

Chasing Brooklyn is sort of a part 2 to I Heart You, You Haunt Me. It takes place in the same town but another girl loses her boyfriend and her another friend too. Both ghosts come back to haunt, but for very different reasons. They want to help her move on, so they can. Through their help she learns to trust and love again, but first she needs to learn to love herself. 

Blurb: 
Restless souls and empty hearts

Brooklyn can't sleep. Her boyfriend, Lucca, died only a year ago, and now her friend Gabe has just died of an overdose. Every time she closes her eyes, Gabe's ghost is there waiting for her. She has no idea what he wants or why it isn't Lucca visiting her dreams.

Nico can't stop. He's always running, trying to escape the pain of losing his brother, Lucca. But when Lucca's ghost begins leaving messages, telling Nico to help Brooklyn, emotions come crashing to the surface.

As the nightmares escalate and the messages become relentless, Nico reaches out to Brooklyn. But neither of them can admit that they're being haunted. Until they learn to let each other in, not one soul will be able to rest.

I’m giving them away as a set. And yes, they are signed!  They are novels in verse. Here is your opportunity to try out two of my favorite.

What do you have to do to win? Post a comment telling me what is your favorite type of romance (action, mystery, paranormal, historical, etc) and spread the word by tweeting, facebook, Google +, and whatever other social media you are on.

The contest is only for US and Canada only residents. Sunday, February 5th, I’ll be randomly drawing one lucky winner at around 7 pm, PST. Thanks again for reading and good luck.

19 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot about these books, but I'm not sold on the novel-in-verse concept. To be fair, I've never read a novel in verse. If you recommend them, though, I'm willing to try them out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sound interesting! I've never read a novel-in-verse. What type of romance story do I enjoy? I would have to say probably mystery and historical. Exciting story with a little romance... yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite books are ones where the character undergoes some kind of inner journey that ultimately results in greater love of self and awareness of the magic in everyday life. Sprinkle in some romance and I'm in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite books are Paranormal Romance/Fantasy Romance. I love adventure and romance especialy when they are to new and crazy worlds.

    Also my birthday is February 5th that is awesome I'll be turning 21(:

    tweet https://twitter.com/#!/Bibliophile1O1/status/164395007879557121
    facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/permalink.php?story_fbid=101326213327581&id=100000798824006

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love books, ANY books. I don't just like one type. I usually mix things up once in awhile. I go from romance to sci-fi to action to western, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Favorite Books are paranormal romance. Vampires, Werewolves and Demons....OH MY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fast paced fantasy action romance---like Kushiel's Dart--or deep epic fantasy romance like The Black Jewel's by Anne Bishop. Really anything that makes you FEEL. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess I don't really have any specific romances that I like that are action, mystery, paranormal, historical, etc. I usually just love a great love story. A real, true, heart-filling romance between two people but, if I had to choose. I would pick paranormal romance. Not because of the sparkly vampires or insanely hot guys *drools* . . . *shakes head* Anyways, I always love how two people from two different worlds can love each other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love any kind of love story, really. I love how the love of two people evolve into something sweet and amazing (: But to be honest I would say paranormal romance. There's just something about it that makes it bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love romance, especially paranormal and action. I like when its filled with entence hardshipss because its exciting when they over come their misfortune. It gives hope that if you fight forward you can win in the end. I think Lisa is a great writer and would love her books.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love books with romance in them, because there isn't much better than the different relationships in books. The best kind of romance for me is a realistic one, where the relationship between the characters seems like something that could happen in real life. But paranormal romance is always great too.
    Thanks for the awesome contest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I Love historis and paranormal romance because the mystery of finding out what the love intrest is whether he be a vampire, wearwolf, ghost and historical because its a classical love story

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really enjoy all kinds of love stories. They don't even always have to have a happy ending for me to enjoy them. These two books are high on my TBR list. I do enjoy the paranormal a little more than I ever thought I would. Thank you for hosting the giveaway! My email is cicistheories[at]gmail[.]com, Twitter @cicistheories https://twitter.com/#!/cicistheories/status/165226115730898944

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not really too picky when it comes to romance. I love it all. Paranormal probably tops my list though. I just mythology of any kind!

    tweeted:
    https://twitter.com/#!/deadtossedwaves/status/165226725091971073

    Vivien
    deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Lisa Schroeder and I'd love to win her books. I love variety of genres from science fiction to mystery to romance. I love having teenagers and little kids at the same time because I am discovering and enjoying alot of new to me young adult authors as well as children's authors right now as we read together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My favorite books are paranormal romance, even better is paranormal historical romances. I really enjoy Lisa's books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. my kind of romance has to have adventure /suspence or I barf a little bit. Hunger games was a good mix

    ReplyDelete
  18. My kind of romance has to have a little bit of mystery. I like to read stories with love/hate relationships too. I've only read a few paranormal romances but of what I've read, I've loved!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, thank you SO much for this amazing opportunity! I'm so excited, and best of luck to all who enter. The books look fantastic, and even the covers themselves are gorgeous. :)
    My favorite type of romance is the forbidden kind. I like it the best because it means so much more, that two people are willing to defy all rules and laws for each other. Forbidden romance raises the stakes, but it also raises the passion, and it's so excited to read! Plus, I feel that the happily-ever-after in forbidden romance novels is that much deeper, because of how much the characters had to fight for it. I like to think of forbidden love like a jelly-filled chocolate. It's hard to bite into at first, but once you do, you get all the sweetness inside. :)
    Thanks again for this awesome contest, and I can't wait to hear who wins! Once again, good luck to everyone!

    ReplyDelete