Friday, January 14, 2011

No voice, but I can type...

On this fantastic Friday evening. I find myself laying on the couch with a swollen throat and a low grade fever. Can barely whisper or swallow without feeling I'm swallowing razors. Not fun, to say the least. Trying to write hasn't been the most productive, but I do however have a couple of books that I've read over the last few weeks that I wanted to share.



Delcroix Academy: The Candidates by Inara Scott is a really fun YA novel that I picked up reading on Christmas and didn't put it down till the last sentence was read. It's very rare I do that with books, but lately it seems that I've been lucking out with great novels. This was another local Portland author written book. The story is about a girl with special powers that is recruited to an exclusive academy. I enjoyed all the different characters in the story, but my favorite part was that the story takes place near Seattle. If you liked the Percy Jackson books, you'll definitely like this one. I also had the pleasure of meeting Inara Scott twice now and discover that she is as lovely as her story. Now the waiting game for the sequel...


Flahery Crossing by Kaylin McFarren is a divine award winning romance about forgiveness and learning to let go. I picked this one up from the Writer's Faire last month, because it was romance and the character was Irish. What I didn't expect was to completely fall in love with the story. I had tears in my eyes at times. It's a very heart warming book that leaves you filled with hope and love.

This is three books so far from the Writer's Faire that I totally enjoyed. Must say I'm was pleasantly surprised about quality of writing that already exists in this town.

Time for some more tea and another nap...

No comments:

Post a Comment