Monday, January 31, 2011

I did it! Sort of..

Woohoo! I just finished my third rough draft! My goal had been to finish it by the end of January and for it to be 80K. Well the first part of my goal I met, but it's only 73K. There is a good reason for that. When I was about three chapters away from the end, the story took a different turn then I expected. This means I will be needing to go back as I revise and edit and add two or three more chapters towards the middle part of the manuscript. This will put me well over 80K.

One way or another the fact remains that I finished yet another book. It took me forty-five days to write my longest manuscript yet and I am beyond thrilled. Now it will probably take me twice as long to edit/revise the rough draft, but I'm actually looking forward to that part.

After that I will have my beta-readers critique it. That is the scary part. Besides a random chapter here and there, I have never had anybody read any of my "completed" works. But I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Right now I'm going to have a piece of chocolate to celebrate my accomplishment. *smiles shamelessly*

Cheers!
~Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment