Sunday, July 8, 2012

2nd Sunday Savors: Star Wars

Yeah, I wasn't going to blog, because I have so much writing to do, but I reached that point where I was sick of vomiting on the page and needed a distraction. So thank you for being said distraction, dear blog readers. MUAH! You have just saved my mental sanity.

I spent the last 44 hours in a hotel room trying to get some progress on my WIP. At night I got tired so I turned the TV on, something I rarely do, because I DESPISE TV (especially commercials). Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back happened to be on and as the good fangirl that I am I watched and did a little editing during commercial breaks.

It's been years since I've seen the original films. I couldn't believe how cheesy they are. The acting is horrible and the special effects left much to be desired. But by golly, I remember the first time I watched these movies as a kid and being in utter awe for weeks afterward. Man, I had the biggest crush on Luke Skywalker like nothing else. And of course I, like every other female during that time, wanted to be Princess Leia.

But now watching them I realized Luke is really not that cute, compared to Han Solo. And Leia, meh, she's alright. Although she really rocked the bikini in Return of the Jedi. Speaking of Han Solo, out of all the characters, I think Harrison Ford had the best acting skills of the cast. Funny, cause he's the one guy that went on and established himself in Hollywood.

Despite all the cheese and dismal acting, I still love those movies and will watch them every time they come on TV, that is if I bother to even turn the damn thing on.

No comments:

Post a Comment