Sunday, June 3, 2012

1st Sunday Snippet: The Truth

Bubbles in Shell by Etriky




Happy June, everyone! I'm going to keep this short and sweet, because I have a massive headache and need to lay back down. June is my birthday month and I have a little surprise coming up next Sunday so be sure to check back.

Here's a snippet from my mermaid YA WIP:




“Why would I lie?”
“Oh, I could think of several reasons,” he twirls his fingers away from his chin “number one being you are on a special mission for the witch priestess who claims she is acting on behalf of the goddess.”
I flinch and lower my gaze at his implied statement. Yes, I was on a mission, but how could he possibly know this? Furthermore I do not appreciate his distrust of Her Holiness. My cheeks burn hot despite myself, confirming the prince’s suspicions.
“Aha, tis true then. So what are you here to steal?”
I lift my chin, look at him straight in the eye, and tell him the truth. “Your heart.”

As always thanks for reading. Cheers,

Melania

No comments:

Post a Comment