Sunday, June 17, 2012

3rd Sunday Sweet: Hollowland

First & foremost I need to announce the winner of the Blood & Whiskey Contest. Between the comments on the blog and the Twitter DM Random.org has chosen: Gina. Check your email darling. :)

Okay, I've read four of Amanda Hocking's books over the last two weeks & this one is by far my favorite. Hollowland is the perfect zombie apocalypse novel full of fine action and sprinkled with delicious romance.

Blurb: Nineteen-year-old Remy King is on a mission to get across the wasteland left of America, and nothing will stand in her way - not violent marauders, a spoiled rock star, or an army of flesh-eating zombies.

Remy King is like a teen zombie-asskicking Milla Jovovich. She's snarky, smart, tough as nails, but also full of heart and soul. She does what needs to get done without apologizes. The whole time I read the book it felt like I was watching a movie. 


My favorite part in the book is when she saves a lioness that was tied up to an overturned truck and the names her Ripley, because she rips into zombies like a killing machine. Of course Ripley becomes her pal. I really enjoyed this book and am looking forward to reading book two Hollowmen.

So guess what? Hollowland is free right now on Kindle. Click here to get your own copy. Be warned, if you have anything you need to get done, make sure you do it BEFORE you start reading or it won't get done till you've read the last page.  


I will be on vacation next weekend, so I won't be doing any Friday Fictioneers or 4th Sunday surprise. See you in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment