Sunday, May 20, 2012

3rd Sunday Sweets: Destined

Destined is the first book I've ever pre-ordered and started reading the moment it downloaded to my Kindle. This is the fourth and final book in Aprilynne Pike's Wings Series and by far the best book in the series. It was torture putting down the book so I could go to work the next day.

I first met Aprilynne at Dark Days of Summer tour in 2009 when Wings debuted. I hadn't heard of her or the book before then, but I made note and eventually checked out from the library. Wings is one of the only few books I actually sat down and read from cover to cover. (Twilight Series, Harry Potter 6 & 7, The Hunger Games series, the first 5 House of Night books, the first 3 Sookie Stackhouse books, Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side, and Obsidian are the only ones on this list. I read a lot.)

Aprilynne's blog Apperantly! is the first author blog I've read from first post to the current. To say I really like this woman and her work is an understatement. Okay, so some might call that cyber-stalking, but whatever. She's a very successful author and as an aspiring author I look to people like Aprilynne as roll models of what I want to achieve. My other favorite is Kim Harrison. In fact that is how I discovered Aprilynne. I went to Dark Days of Summer '09 to meet Kim and came back with another great series of books.

Not only are these women best-selling authors, but they give so much to their readers. At any event I've attended with either of them, they'll stop to chat and take a picture. They are so kind and personable. They answer their fan posts on Facebook and most of the time their tweets & email. Their readers love them because of it. Including myself. :)

Anyways, back to Destined. This is my favorite book in the series. It's action-packed page-turner. Laurel finally chooses her guy and I'm not going to spoil and say who. Many of you who have read the series probably have a good idea who it is. Most of the story takes place in Avalon, which is awesome, because the place is so amazing. Mysteries are revealed. I love the way the book concluded even the extra bonus "ending." It's a beautifully woven story of love, loss, sacrifice, and redemption. I'm rather sad to see the series end, because it's so good, but she ended it on a good note.

So yes I LOVE this book and I think you better click right here to order your own copy. Take a trip to Avalon. You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment