Monday, May 7, 2012

1st Sunday Snippets: *crickets*

Super Moon in Bucharest Photo courtesy of Reuters/Radu Sigheti/Yahoo


Yes, yes, I know I'm a day late in posting. Sorry. Been actually writing, if you can believe it. With the super full moon going on, I channeled some of the awesome energy into my new WIP. So you want to see a snippet?

Of course you do! Enjoy.


The rhythmic rush and swoosh of waves crashing on the shore sooth my soul like a lullaby. I sink my toes into the cool sand absorbing the energy from the ebb and flow of the retreating evening tide. The sun has already set with a spectacular display of violets and oranges across the western sky.

This is my favorite time of day at the beach. As the night sky darkens, the shimmering stars come out to dance above me. Some nights they feel so close I could just reach out and touch them. 

Tonight however a massive pale moon rises over the coastal mountain range to my east bathing every thing beneath her in a silvery blue light. I refer the moon as her, because while most people see a man, I see a woman smiling down each full moon. Tonight she seems extra large and I feel her strength in the moving tide.  I stare up at her lovely face and return the smile. After all these years we’ve become close friends.


Thanks for reading. See you next week. *waves & dives into writing cave*

No comments:

Post a Comment