Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Walking on stars






Above is the reason I haven't blogged in a while. And no, I wasn't shooting a vampire flick even though I was in Hollywood surrounded by stars-literally.

Bela Lugosi, in my mind, will always be THE Dracula, though Gary Oldman did a phenomenal job portraying the blood sucking fiend.

Seeing his star on Hollywood Boulevard sparked a desire to share with you a few factoids Mr Lugosi:

  • Did you know Bela Lugosi played Dracula in a Broadway show before he went on to play the role in the famous film?
  • Bela Lugosi is NOT Romanian, but Hungarian. Romanians weren't to pleased by the fact a Magyar was to play the most famous Romanian of all even though Mr Vlad Tepes himself had strong ties with the Hungarian royalty. But I digress...
  • Bela Lugosi's children had him buried with his cap, but it's not the original one he wore during the 1931 film Dracula.
 Thank you for reading and I will leave you with the highlight of my walk on stars.


Emma, Daniel, and Rupert. The fab three of Harry Potter! Evidence of how well-written books can have such a huge influence in pop-culture.

What are your favorite books turned movies?

No comments:

Post a Comment