Monday, April 25, 2011

Conference and Vampires

Greetings,

Here is a photo of my writing support group. 




First day post-conference and my head is still spinning. This last weekend I attended my RWA local chapter Spring Intensive where we had agents and editors all weekend giving workshops and panels. To say the least, the conference lived up to it's title. It was INTENSE!!!!!
Saturday I thought I would die by lunch. First of all, I tend to be somewhat of a recluse and love my alone time. I work in a file room 5 days a week for eight hours per day. I come home and write. To be surrounded by so many other writers such as myself was wonderful, but very overwhelming. Add  the opportunity to speak with agents and editors from New York.
These ladies were from the big houses and agencies with very high expectations.  5 out of 6 pitches I walked away with a business card and request for partial. Most were interested in my vampire novel and the rest in the contemporary I wrote last winter. So needless to say, I have my work cut out for the next month, because I need to not only polish the heck out of the first 50 pages which they requested, but I also need to finish  The Vampire Novelist before I can send in the partial. I'm TERRIFIED! People in New York want to see my work, my baby.

Without farther ado, I shall say farewell as I retrieve into my writer's cave,  BUT with the promise of an update each week. Submission boot-camp here I come.

Cheers,

Melania

No comments:

Post a Comment