Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Dabbling

I can't believe I'm blogging twice in one week! That hasn't happened since, well, last time I had a contest I think. But I had to give you an update on my writerly "stuff."

If you remember last month I mention I was working a project that I couldn't give too many details about. That particular book is still in progress and going great, but I had another little project I didn't mention.

About a month and 1/2 ago my daughter went through a growth spurt and the only thing that calmed her was me carrying her through the house against my shoulder while I sang to her. Of course, most of these songs were off key and the lines didn't rhyme, but those details didn't matter to her. She loved it. Eventually I came up with a little poem that I named Elly's Lullaby. I sang/spoke it to her over and over again until she finally fell asleep. When I laid her down I jotted down the words because wanted to remember it. As I did so I saw them in a colorful picture book.

Well, folks, today I put that idea out there and queried 3 agencies (Bent, Writer's House, and Dystel & Goderic). Been thinking of dabbling in children's books for a while now and today I made that big step. I plan on querying some more but my daughter woke up from her nap and she needs some mommy time. Keeping fingers crossed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment