Sunday, March 4, 2012

1st Sunday Snippets: 1st Bite

For the past two weeks I've been feverishly working on three different projects. #1 writing a merman high heat level romance novella, #2 editing a mermaid novella, #3 revising The Vampire Novelist. (I know! Those vamps keep sucking me back in.)

Trying to keep three different stories straight hasn't been easy. Thank heavens for:
Harney and Sons

I've made lots of changes to TVN. I will talk more about that next week. But one of them is when the hero and heroine meet. The heroine is at a goth club in Seattle celebrating her 21st birthday when he saunters in and crashes her party.

 
I wetted my lips as my mind searched for something to say. Silly me, he’s just another human playing a vampire. A tall dark handsome man with pale skin and long black hair tied in a ponytail isn’t really that original among the wannabe undead.

“Hi.” I said.

He didn’t respond or acknowledge my presence. No, he just stared with those eerie red eyes. Except they weren’t red anymore. Black pools of darkness had replaced the crimson pupils.

He held his hand out and with the same blank expression he asked, “May I have this dance?”

May I have this dance? Who the hell talks like that? I gave him a beaming smile and placed my hand in his. “Sure.”

That’s when I knew the alcohol was talking, because I never dance with strangers, especially when I’m supposed to be on a date who happened to be very late. What was I supposed to do?

The stranger led me towards the center of the dance floor. For a moment I almost expected him to put his hand on my waist and start a waltzing me around. He didn’t. Instead he pulled me to him in a tight embrace, lowered his head to my shoulder, and bit me.

Thanks for reading! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment